PhD in Spatial Economics from the Free University of Amsterdam (the Netherlands)
Prior Work:Associate Professor of Economic Policy
Coordinator of the Socrates/Erasmus and Leonardo projects, for and on behalf of the Faculty of Statistics, University of Bologna
Full Professor of Economic Policy at the University of Bologna (Italy), Department of Economics
President of NECTAR (Network for European Communications and Transport Activities Research)
RSAI-Fellow and Fellow of the Netherlands Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) at the Royal Dutch Academy
Chair of the ERC (European Research Council) Panel on ‘Environment and Society’ and, Member of the Evaluation Panel for BELSPO (Belgian Science Policy Office) in the frame of Brain-be (Belgian Research Actions through Interdisciplinary Networks) proposals/Axis 4.
Series Editor of the “NECTAR Series on Transportation and Communications Networks Research” (Edward Elgar, UK-USA).
Member of the editorial boards of eight internationally recognised journals (e.g., Transportation Research A, Networks and Spatial Economics, Transportation Research D, European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research, Logistics and Sustainable Transport, Journal of Transport and Land Use, Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, International Journal of Management and Network Economics).
Areas of Research Interest:
– Complex networks, resilience and vulnerability: interdisciplinary perspectives
– Evolutionary theories and (non-linear) dynamic models
– Connectivity networks, accessibility and simple laws
– Spatial interaction models (at both the static and the dynamic level)
– Transport models, behavioral choice models, and the value of time
– Project evaluation and economic policy scenarios